Friday, February 3, 2012

Community Life - Part 2




            As I mentioned in part 1, our friends offered to give us their old home. Then Rob ended up building their new home at no cost to them for labor. Looking back, I realize that these two selfless acts were very instrumental in the formation of our community. That first year living as neighbors there was such an awareness that, “Hey, this is a good thing.” Then there was much discussion about how it must have been for the first church. They lived close enough to one another that they were able to meet daily from house to house.  When we did decide it was time to build a church building, the logical place seemed to be right on the property. On a beautiful spring Sunday morning, nothing makes me smile like seeing the families walking down the gravel road to come to church.
            I also mentioned that we try to be a blessing to one another using the gifts that we’ve been given. Matt is a professor at a local university, so he started classes with the teens to show them what a college class looks like. Each one that has come to the church and community helps the others in their own way. When you live in this way, even though we are all very different, it doesn’t take long before you begin to enjoy many of the same things. There are so many things that we love doing together, and I will really enjoy sharing these with you. I’m not saying that everyone should live in a community like ours, but I can say, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment