Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Community Quotes


I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.  I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.  ~George Bernard Shaw

"Independence"... [is] middle-class blasphemy.  We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth.  ~G.B. Shaw, Pygmalion, 1912

A machine has value only as it produces more than it consumes - so check your value to the community.  ~Martin H. Fischer

A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's.  ~Richard Whately


A community is a gathering of minds, talents, ideas, hobbies, interests, and of good friends. We come together to worship, work, play, eat, and help one another. Can there be anything more pleasant than sharing your life with people that you love? – Kriss Blume 

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9,10


No comments:

Post a Comment